Brown bin - Garden waste collection
Enter your street name in the box on the right to find out the date of your next collection.
Please check the table below for what we can and cannot collect in your brown bin:
|Yes Please||No Thanks|
|General household rubbish|
|Ash tree material infected with die back disease -see below|
If you do not want to subscribe to the garden waste service, there are a few options available to responsibly dispose of your garden waste:
- Home compost - The Council has teamed up with getcomposting.com to supply subsidised home composting bins to Wirral residents. The Council is also organising a number of home composting workshops where residents will find out how to begin to compost, how to get the best out of your composting and even how to turn your brown bin into a compost bin!
If you would be interested in attending a workshops contact Streetscene for further details.
- Take your garden waste to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre. - If you have too much garden waste for your brown bin you can still take this additional waste to one of the household waste disposal sites in Wirral operated by Merseyside Waste Disposal Authority.
We would advise you not to burn garden waste as this can be dangerous and fire can easily spread out of control. However if it is your only option, Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service would offer the following advice:
• Never use petrol or any other accelerant to light the fire or to encourage it.
• Never burn household rubbish, tyres or anything containing plastic, foam or paint.
• Do not burn close to property, trees, fences or outbuildings such as sheds.
• Never leave a fire unattended or leave it to smoulder - douse it with water and ensure it is completely out before leaving it.
• If the fire gets out of control, dial 999 and ask for the Fire Service.
For more information and guidance, type “smoke and odour nuisance” into the search box.